So, as you can see, I've made some changes. I also did some "house cleaning" and removed all my old posts. New site, new posts.
I'll try and be good and post more BUT it's gonna be more pool oriented with a few food and general silliness posts here and there.
---
Speaking of food - I'm making a pretty mean steak these days. (Costco steaks are surprisingly good quality. 4 ribeyes, decent sized as you can see below, about $30.)
Here's a close up:
I gotta say the Lodge Logic Pro Grid / Iron Griddle is the sh*ts. The only problem is the smoke. My vent hood sucks and the smoke gets everywhere and the apartment smells like steak for like 3 or 4 days (Not really a bad thing but...) The other problem is the cleaning. Cleaning cast iron is one big pain in the arse.
---
And in pool news...
I've been in a slump of sorts. I made a lot of changes to my pool game recently and I'm trying to get adjusted to it all. I figured that I had to break it all apart and rebuild it, I had a lot of bad habits and some really bad fundamentals, to make some major advancements in my game. I straighten out my "chicken wing", I changed my bridge from a closed bridge to an open bridge, I changed my stance and completely revamped my stroke. (Which is still a work in progress.)
It's really quite a bit in a short time and it's really messed me up, especially confidence wise. Too many mechanical things to think about when I really should be thinking about just making the ball and I'm a little shook. It's so bad I lost to 3 D players in a row in leagues and haven't been close to a win in weeks. I even got lowered recently from a C+ to a C.
Having said all that I feel like I'm getting comfortable with all the changes, FINALLY, and it all seems to be coming together. Getting lowered is gonna help too as I won't have to feel like I have to be playing at my best to win. As a C+ I was spotting the D players 3 on the wire going to 8. As a C it's just 2 on 7. Not a huge change but I felt like, as a C+, I was a little over rated and that I couldn't make a mistake which, of course, caused me to play tight and to...make mistakes. As a regular C player I got a little more leeway to make a bad mistake and not have it hurt my that much. We'll see I guess.
I'm also going to be playing more since the Amsterdam Billiards' team 9-ball league just started back up and an APA League I just joined will be starting up next Sunday. Oh, and the Predator 9-ball Tour will be starting back up in February. I can't wait as that Tour's a lot of fun.
So that's about it for now. Leave me some love and let me know what you think of the site.
---
Check out the free stream of the Derby City Classic from January 23rd to the 31st on The Action Report here.
Skyline Billiards usually streams the Tuesday night Open tournament and I'm usually there. See if you can catch me here.
I'll try and be good and post more BUT it's gonna be more pool oriented with a few food and general silliness posts here and there.
---
Speaking of food - I'm making a pretty mean steak these days. (Costco steaks are surprisingly good quality. 4 ribeyes, decent sized as you can see below, about $30.)
---
And in pool news...
I've been in a slump of sorts. I made a lot of changes to my pool game recently and I'm trying to get adjusted to it all. I figured that I had to break it all apart and rebuild it, I had a lot of bad habits and some really bad fundamentals, to make some major advancements in my game. I straighten out my "chicken wing", I changed my bridge from a closed bridge to an open bridge, I changed my stance and completely revamped my stroke. (Which is still a work in progress.)
It's really quite a bit in a short time and it's really messed me up, especially confidence wise. Too many mechanical things to think about when I really should be thinking about just making the ball and I'm a little shook. It's so bad I lost to 3 D players in a row in leagues and haven't been close to a win in weeks. I even got lowered recently from a C+ to a C.
Having said all that I feel like I'm getting comfortable with all the changes, FINALLY, and it all seems to be coming together. Getting lowered is gonna help too as I won't have to feel like I have to be playing at my best to win. As a C+ I was spotting the D players 3 on the wire going to 8. As a C it's just 2 on 7. Not a huge change but I felt like, as a C+, I was a little over rated and that I couldn't make a mistake which, of course, caused me to play tight and to...make mistakes. As a regular C player I got a little more leeway to make a bad mistake and not have it hurt my that much. We'll see I guess.
I'm also going to be playing more since the Amsterdam Billiards' team 9-ball league just started back up and an APA League I just joined will be starting up next Sunday. Oh, and the Predator 9-ball Tour will be starting back up in February. I can't wait as that Tour's a lot of fun.
So that's about it for now. Leave me some love and let me know what you think of the site.
---
Check out the free stream of the Derby City Classic from January 23rd to the 31st on The Action Report here.
Skyline Billiards usually streams the Tuesday night Open tournament and I'm usually there. See if you can catch me here.
you didn't even link to chb! jeez.
ReplyDeletethe more steak you cook, the easier it is to clean your cast iron...also after you finish cooking your steak, pour the drippings off and put about 1/2 cup of water onto the griddle while still hot and leave it there until after you've finished eating your steak...the crap just rinses off...
ReplyDeletelove the new look!
ReplyDelete