Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Tuesday Night @ Skyline BIlliards

Went 1 and 2 tonight. Ugh.

I started off really slow, again, as I was still thinking way too much about my mechanics. So much so that I "forgot" to make the ball and/or leave myself a shot on the next ball. I had chances to win my first match but keep getting out of line and screwing myself late in the rack. I was lucky I didn't get donutted - ended up losing 5-1.

I was then put on a tight pocket table for my next match and I think that helped me out actually. I focused a little bit more on making the ball and simplifying my position. Did okay as I was finally making a few balls and able to run out a fairly open table a few times. I won 4-1. I think that was the score.

Next match went hill-hill and I dogged the 8ball badly and scratched to boot to lose. I turn into a pumpkin after 11pm and had a brain fart on the last two balls. Oh well.

I felt better tonight and I felt like my old self at the table as long as I can keep any thoughts about my mechanics in the background.

Let's see if I can keep it up as we've got a pretty fun League match this Thursday.

Quick boring pool update - sorry but, hey, it's something.

No comments:

Post a Comment